Fall has definitely settled in San Francisco and I am so looking forward to Thanksgiving! I celebrated Thanksgiving for the first time 4 years ago (remember, I am British not American) and it has fast become one of my favorite holidays. I love the focus on being thankful, being with family and friends, and of course … the incredible food! I absolutely love pumpkin pie and I cannot wait to enjoy a slice (or two) during Thanksgiving. But until then, at least I can enjoy my pumpkin spiced smoothie bowl!
But to tide myself over, I decided to make a pumpkin spiced smoothie bowl until I get that slice of pie. This is such a great recipe as it’s a tasty way to get in vegetables and fruits into one delicious and nutrient filled smoothie bowl. This was a really fun and delicious recipe to make and can be customized endlessly. I.e. you can top it with whatever you want, you absolutely do not have to stick to my suggestions! I do recommend putting some coconut whipped cream on top if you are feeling in more of a dessert mood.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 frozen banana (sliced)
- 1 tub plain greek yogurt (150g)
- 2 tsp full fat coconut cream
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: sliced strawberries, sliced apples, coconut flakes, chia seeds, coconut whipped cream.
- Simply blend all together until smooth and then pour into bowl. Add toppings as desired
- You can omit the coconut cream if you do not like the taste of coconut and/or want a lower fat smoothie bowl.
- Feel free to add stevia or honey to add sweetness
What are you looking forward to eating over Thanksgiving?