A few weeks ago, I participated in the Great Food Blogger Cookie swap (where I made these cookies) and received some incredible cookies from bloggers across the country. This spiced cookie dough is inspired by the spiced snickerdoodles I received from Bree over at BakedBree.com. I absolutely love the beautiful combination of spices and I wanted to incorporate that flavor into a fun cookie dough recipe.
Spiced Cookie Dough
This spiced cookie dough is a fun alternative to baked cookies – it does not need to be baked and can be enjoyed as a dessert or snack. It is packed full of healthy foods such as cashews, dates and almond butter. It is a vegan recipe but those with nut allergies should be wary because there are lots of nuts in here. This spiced cookie dough is a great way to fit in healthy fats and protein, but like all cookies/cookie doughs, have them sparingly and don’t go crazy!
Spiced Cookie Dough Recipe
- 4 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup cashews (plain, not salted)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp cashew milk
- 2-3 tbsp dark chocolate chips (really a matter of preference)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamon
- Simply put all of the ingredients (EXCEPT for the dark chocolate chips) into a food processor and pulse until smooth - may take up to 5 minutes depending on how strong your food processor is.
- Here's the fun part: Roll the cookie dough in your dark chocolate chips (they are so sticky so you may end up losing some dough) and then roll into 4-5 small balls.
- Eat, enjoy and tag me on social media if you make them 🙂
- Reduce spices to 1/8 tsp if you find the flavor a bit too overwhelming.
What is your favorite winter treat? I’d love to come up with a lightened version for you to enjoy – just let me know in the comments below. And please tag me in your photos if you make this or share this recipe with your friends if you enjoyed it. Nothing is a bigger compliment than having having someone referred to my blog 🙂