What a gorgeous experiment this was! I’ve been really into sparkling water lately (I used to absolutely despise it), and so I picked up a can of La Croix when I was at the grocery store. When I got home, I was about halfway through drinking it when a lightbulb went off in my head. I realized that I had both mint and frozen raspberries … ding, ding, ding! Why not make a tasty and Valentine’s Day appropriate non-alcoholic spritzer? Continue Reading…
National Blueberry Pancake Day gave me the perfect excuse to make some pancakes! I stumbled across this four ingredient pancake recipe almost by accident. I was originally trying to follow a recipe out of one of my cookbooks but of course I forgot one of the key ingredients, so I decided it couldn’t hurt to experiment a little. And voila, my Honestly Fitness perfect four ingredient pancakes were born!!
Why These Pancakes Rock
The beauty about these perfect four ingredient pancakes recipe is that despite the fact that they are very filling, they digest really easily and are high in both protein and fiber. The pancakes also hold their shape together extremely well when being cooked so you don’t end up with these weird sloppy pancakes that so many healthy pancake recipes seem to turn into. This recipe is made from whole foods and is devoid of any protein powders or binding agents. It is also extremely tasty and pleasing to the eye!
- 1 tub plain non-fat Greek Yogurt (I used Stonyfield)
- 1 whole egg and 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (soaked overnight) <--- this is important!
- 1tsp chia seeds
- 1/4tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Maple Syrup
- Honestly Fitness Blueberry Chia Jam
- More fruit!
- Soak your rolled oats overnight either in some water or some milk. I soaked mine in 2% milk.
- Now that you have soaked your rolled oats, simply combine the above ingredients (minus the blueberries) in a food processor until smooth.
- Heat your frying pan and add a small amount of coconut oil or butter.
- Pour about 1/3 of the mixture into the pan and let it cook for approximately 2-3 minutes before flipping it over and waiting for an equal amount of time.
- Repeat until the rest of the batter is all used up.
- Serve with blueberries on top and honey,maple syrup, or my easy blueberry chia jam if you wish!
- Will make 2 big pancakes or 3-4 small ones.
- Chia seeds are not necessary and can be omitted. I like to add them for their health properties and texture.
And there you have it! So easy and will please even the fussiest of eaters. If you do end up trying out my recipe, please leave a comment below and let me hear what you thought about it! Alternatively, you can post a photo on any social media account, tag me (@honestlyfitness) and hashtag it with #HF4pancakes.
What are your favorite pancake toppings?
Superbowl Sunday is fast approaching, and while I won’t be watching it (not a football gal), I know plenty of you will be! And for those of you hosting Superbowl Sunday parties, I wanted to share a delicious korean bulgogi tacos recipe that is sure to wow your guests, and happily satisfy their tummies! Continue Reading…