Let me start off by saying that I have been obsessed with making baked zucchini fritters lately. I first started making them after seeing both Kayla Itsines’ recipe and Whitney’s (from LiveandDiet.com) take on zucchini fritters.
The recipe I am sharing with you today has been inspired by these two ladies, with my own twist on it. Instead of using coconut flour or whole-wheat flour, and instead of frying them, I used almond flour (so it is gluten-free friendly) and I baked them!
This is a fabulous way to get in a bunch of vegetables and makes a change from having your typical oatmeal or eggs for breakfast. Although don’t get me wrong, oatmeal and eggs make an amazing breakfast. Click here to try my kombucha and chia overnight oats recipe, here for my lavender and honey oatmeal, and here for my slow cooker oatmeal breakfast 🙂
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp almond flour
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1tsp high quality salt
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- Peel the zucchini and then put in food processor. Pulse it 2-3 times; enough so that you have small pieces of zucchini.
- Then you need to put the zucchini in a bowl and squeeze any extra moisture out using paper towels.
- After that, add the egg, almond flour, black pepper and salt. Mix together.
- This should make 4 small zucchini fritter 'patties'. Place in oven for 10 minutes, flip, and let bake for another 10 minutes.
- If you want a little more color, you may choose to broil the zucchini fritters for 2 minutes.
- Can substitute the almond flour for coconut flour or all-purpose flour.
Let me know what you think about them and please share your recreations with me by tagging @honestlyfitness and hash tagging #HFfritters. Remember that you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest so there are so many ways to share your recreations with me 🙂
What is your go to winter breakfast?