This recipe is for my delicious fudge grain free brownies that I shared via Instagram and Facebook a few weeks back. I have been asked to post it up on my blog for easier access to the recipe, which is totally fine with me! The more people that can view this recipe and make it, the better!
fudge grain free brownies
What makes these grain free brownies oh so fudgey is letting them sit in the fridge for 2 hours after you bake them. They still taste good warm but they do not take on the rich and fudgey taste and texture unless you leave them to do their stuff in the fridge. So even though it is tempting, try not to eat them all after they come out of the oven!!!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 bar dark chocolate at least 70% cocoa (3.5oz)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 5 medjool dates (stones removed)
- 3 eggs
- 15 drops liquid stevia
- 1/4 tsp high quality salt
- 1tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Get your food processor out and first add in the almond flour and the dark chocolate and blend together (make sure you break up the dark chocolate into smaller squares). Blend until you get a sandy type of texture
- Next add the coconut oil and the medjool dates and blend some more.
- Once you are happy with the texture, add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and blend until you get a thick and fudgey texture.
- Put your brownies in the oven for 23 minutes.
- Let them cool for 5-10 minutes and then place in the fridge. Do NOT touch them for at least 2 hours!!! Once your 2 hours up then you may enjoy them 🙂
- Feel free to top with cashew cream frosting or whatever you wish 🙂
I hope this recipe becomes one of your favorites soon too! I know some of the ingredients seem a little rare and unique, but if you live near a Whole Foods you can get most of these ingredients from the bulk bin section and then literally just get the amount you need as opposed to buying a huge bag of almond flour and then not using the rest.
I topped these fudge grain free brownies with Nutrition Stripped’s sweet cashew cream 🙂
If you recreate this recipe on twitter or instagram, please hashtag #fridayfare and #hffudgebrownies and tag me so I can see your yummy re-creations!