Halloween – it’s fun, everyone loves it and it always involves copious amounts of candy. How can someone who wants to stay healthy possibly navigate through Halloween? Well, never fear! Here is your Halloween survival guide for the health conscious.
Halloween Survival Guide for the Health Conscious
Source: Mother Nature
1. When you see kids approaching with candy, run, just run. In the opposite direction. Think of the calories you’ll burn (huzzah)!
2. Whenever anyone asks you if you want candy, just say you’re allergic! Candy is closely related to gluten. Yep. Tell family that it developed recently and they’ll never question you about it.
3. Bring carrot sticks with you everywhere. Tell people that you’re dressed up as a rabbit and everyone knows rabbits only eat carrots and lettuce. Duh.
4. Instead of trick or treating, go for a run! Run around everyone with candy and show everyone your willpower.
5. Under no circumstances can you get drunk at a Halloween party – next thing you know, you’ll be accepting candy, ice-cream … it’s all downhill from there.
6. When people ask you not to be “lame”, tell them you can’t possibly let your Snapchat followers down by eating junk food and candy.
7. If you don’t have children and still wanna get that trick or treat buzz, borrow one! There’s no way you’ll eat candy that way – how can you possibly take away candy from a child?
8. Fly out of the country. They don’t celebrate Halloween in Indonesia, right?
Hahaha, and there you have it! If you hadn’t already guessed, this post was a bit of fun and my way of inserting humor into Halloween. I.e. I am totally joking with these ‘suggestions’. As always, balance is key! You can have candy for Halloween; just don’t eat the entire bag of it 😉
Happy Halloween in advance!