This summer has been so busy!! I’ve been working on a lot of new stuff for the blog and have been trying to do more outdoor activities to take advantage of the sun and warmth. I received an incredible blogger package from Bob’s Red Mill a few weeks ago to help me stay #SummerStrong amidst all of the chaos. I received 4 different protein powders, one of them being a chai protein powder. Maybe it’s my Asian heritage, but I absolutely adore spices and in particular, chai. I made a peaches and chai cream oatmeal using Bob’s Red Mill’s chai protein powder which I am so excited to share with you–plus a fun giveaway!
Bob’s Red Mill
Before I give you all the recipe for my peaches and chai cream oatmeal, let me tell you a bit about Bob’s Red Mill for those of you who are scratching your heads and wondering who they are. Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods make a wide variety of whole-grain products—from flours and hot cereals to baking mixes and grains—Bob’s Red Mill has “whole-grain foods for every meal of the day.”
I’ve always been a fan of their oatmeal and I was so excited to learn that they had finally come out with their own line of protein powders. Currently, they have vanilla, chocolate, chai and unflavored protein powder. The unique thing about their protein powders is the fact that they are made from pea protein powder, chicory root fiber, chia seeds, beneficial probiotics, and monk fruit extract for a touch of sweetness. It is gluten free, vegan, a good source of omega-3, excellent source of iron, and high in protein and fiber. Ummm, can you say a total all-in-one?
Peaches and Chai Cream Oatmeal
I normally put chia seeds in my oatmeal as it is, so it’s nice that I can just add a protein powder which already have chia seeds in it. I have been wanting to experiment with a chai flavored protein powder forever, and I decided to make a recipe which would incorporate a seasonal fruit. I roasted the peaches in the oven with vanilla bean and coconut oil to enhance the naturally sweet flavor of peaches–they give the oatmeal a delicious and warming flavor.
Because I always try and have a fairly high-protein breakfast, I mixed in the Bob’s Red Mill chai protein powder with some greek yogurt and cashew milk to make a tasty and high-protein “cream.” It’s not overly sweet, which is fine with me, but I encourage you to mix in some honey and stevia if you want to make it sweeter.
Without further ado, here is the recipe for my peaches and chai cream oatmeal!
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 1 vanilla bean, sliced and scraped
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill oatmeal
- Chai cream
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Chai Protein Powder Nutritional Booster
- 1 small tub of Greek yogurt, 6 ounces
- 2tbsp cashew milk (or any type of milk)
- Additional: 1tbsp pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Firstly, prepare the peaches. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Slice your peaches and put it on a baking tray, lined with foil. Then add the 1tbsp of coconut oil evenly over the sliced peaches.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the oatmeal--boil 1 cup of oatmeal with 2 cups of water.
- Once the peaches and oatmeal are finished, prepare your chai cream!
- Blend together the greek yogurt, Bob's Red Mill Chai Protein Powder Nutritional Booster and cashew milk until smooth and creamy.
- Prepare your breakfast bowl by adding the oatmeal into a bowl and then layering with the peaches and chai cream.
- Feel free to add any additional toppings as you wish. Enjoy!
- This makes a lot of chai cream, so feel free to store it away for another breakfast!
Super Awesome Giveaway!
Because I want you all to give Bob’s Red Mill’s protein powder nutritional boosters, I am holding a giveaway! The winner will win a protein powder of their choice. Remember, the choices are: chocolate, vanilla, chai and unflavored (great for baking)! Be sure to enter by following the instructions below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Good luck and let me know if any of you try my peaches and chai cream oatmeal bowl!
Disclaimer: I was chosen to participate in a fun #SummerStrong challenge with Bob’s Red Mill. I only partner with brands that I love and use personally, and I thank you for supporting the brands that keep Honestly Fitness active.