I’ve had my trusty pair of Asics for almost a year now, and although I love them, I thought it was about time I got a new pair. Plus, it gave me a good excuse to update my entire ‘gym wardrobe’! I find it so funny that I am so much more interested in buying workout clothes than ‘normal’ clothes. Is anyone else like that? Anyway, my workout clothes splurge gave me the inspiration to do a post on workout clothes essentials and splurges.
Summer Workout Essentials
1. I only just bought this Underarmor shirt recently, but it has already become my number 1 favorite workout shirt. It doesn’t ride up, helps keep you dry and is so flattering!
2. Every lady needs a good and supportive sports bra, and Victoria’s Secret have the best ones I have ever bought. Try this gorgeous piece out.
3. I freaking love these shorts, and frankly, Nike can do no wrong in my eyes. Get these shorts quick while they are still on sale (they’re only $24!!)
4. Supportive trainers are essential to your workout, and I highly recommend Asics. These Asics are reasonably priced and have fantastic support for impact training (such as plyometrics). I should know; I recently bought this pair and do a lot of jumping exercises!
5. I don’t know about you, but music does so much in keeping me motivated and energetic in my workouts. A good pair of earphones will do nothing but good.
Summer Workout Splurges
1. Sooo, I think mesh is the coolest thing ever, and a fun and stylish addition to workout clothes. Would love this top from Hint.
2. These headphones are ridiculously expensive, but these Beoplay H8 headphones look incredible. Plus wireless headphones are such a lifesaver at the gym. I do a ton of plyometric style workouts, and using wireless headphones has personally made my workouts much better and easier to do.
3. Yeaaah, so I just really like mesh. Would totally add these mesh leggings from Psyche to my (imaginary) collection.
4. Love the look of this gorgeous Vie Activewear sports bra
5. These trainers are such a beautiful color and would make such a welcome addition to the family
What’s your summer workout essential?
What’s the one workout summer essential you can’t live without or need to buy ASAP? I have to say that mine is definitely a good pair of trainers. I had a really crappy pair of trainers before I ever bought my first Asics, but I didn’t even realize until I bought my Asics … how sad is it that I couldn’t tell whether or not I had a good pair of trainers before that?! A good pair of wireless headphones does come in second. I know most people do just fine with earphones, but I can’t stand messing around with the wires.
Let me know if you agree with my essentials and splurges. Would love to know what you’re all lusting over!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links; these help support Honestly Fitness.